We appreciate your interest in becoming a part of the Westworth Village Police Department. Here at Westworth Village, we pride ourselves on upholding our core values: integrity, accountability, professionalism, service, courage, and respect in order to provide the best services possible to our citizens and maintain the safety of our small community. Our department is highly regarded, appreciated, and supported by our community. We are a TPCA Best Practices recognized organizations, and as such, meet and perform at the highest level of professionalism in our field. If you would like to join us in continuing our legacy of excellence, see what our department can offer you below:
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Police Department Certification Pay
PD Staff is eligible for certification pay in addition to their base pay. Annual certification pay amounts are listed below and are not cumulative.
ECA Certification = $4,000
- All officers must complete the Emergency Care Attendant (ECA) certification program within the first year of empoyment.
TCOLE Certification Level
Intermediate = $600
Advanced = $1200
Masters = $1800
Associate's Degree = $600
Bachelor's Degree = $1200
Master's Degree = $1800
Bilingual Pay (Must pass a proficiency exam administered by a third party)
Speak = $300
Read & Write = $1200
Speak, Read & Write = $1500 (Spanish and American Sign Language)
Eleven (11) Paid Holidays + One (1) Personal Day
New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and day after, Christmas Eve and Day, Personal Day (date of your choice)
1-4 Years = 2 weeks, 5-9 Years = 3 weeks, 10+ Years = 4 weeks (Vacation is prorated from hire date during first year of service.)
Sick leave is accrued at a rate of 4 hours for each full pay period of employment; up to a maximum balance of 480 hours.
Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS)
The City participates in TMRS with a 2:1 match for all employees who work in excess of 1000 hours annually. Credit for service from other TMRS employers and military service is awarded. Vesting period is 5 years with retirement option at 20 years of service.
The City offers a robust selection of plans with paid premiums for employees' Medical, Basic Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability.
Employees may select additional coverage for themselves and family at their expense for the following: Medical for Spouse and/or Children, Dental, Vision, Optional Life (Employee, Spouse, and Children), and select AFLAC Plans (Accident, Hospitalization, Cancer, and Special Event).
The City values education and offers the opportunity to receive up to $2000 per calendar year in tuition reimbursement to all full-time employees (after one year of service). Funds are allocated based on the City Council's approved budget, grades, and the completion of the reimbursement application.
Individual Retirement Plan - 457 Deferred Compensation
The City offers full-time employees the opportunity to participate in a '457' pre-tax payroll deduction plan. Matching funds are not provided.
Healthy employees are essential to a productive work environment. To assist employees in maintaining a healthy and fit lifestyle, the City has a climate controlled workout facility which includes treadmills, stationary bikes, free weights, and weight machines.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- be 21 years of age at the time of application
- be a United States Citizen
- have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- have and maintain a valid Texas driver license and insurance
- be mentally and physically capable of performing the requirements of the job
- pass a written test and oral review board interview
- pass an extensive background check, psychological, physical, and drug screening
- be willing to work shift work, holidays, and weekends based on departmental needs
be currently licensed by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) and be in good standing - OR - be offered a scholarship to the Police Academy
- Click HERE for TCOLE requirements for licensing
- Initial application
- Basic background and file review
- Written exam, taken within the prior 12 months
- Oral Boards interview
- Full background investigation
- Chief's interview
- Psychological, Medical, Physical, and other evaluations as required by TCOLE and department policy
In order to be considered for a position with the department, you must complete and submit an Employment Application. Applications are accepted when a position is open and maintained on file for a period of one year. Examinations, interviews, and other hiring processes are conducted as needed.
Completed applications will be accepted by one of these methods:
- Postal Mail or In-person delivery - City of Westworth Village, Attn: Human Resources, 311 Burton Hill Road, Westworth Village, Texas 76114
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax - 817-710-2501
Please direct inquiries regarding job postings or the application process to Elisa Greubel at 817-710-2502.